Sohodolls, The Academy Is.., The Matches, Butch Walker and Hanson are ON THE VERGE. Coming in early '09 from Planet Verge & Ambush TV!

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Tip Du Jour: Discover New Music

My friends always ask me about music - what to check out and more specifically, where do I get my info.

They think I know bands because I go to a lot of shows, but the truth is, that's only about one-tenth of it. Here's my recommended list of ways to discover music, in no real order as they're all great.

1) Next time you go see one of your favorite bands play, get there early. Check out the openers, at least one of them has got to be great. Then go see the opener play, get there early, find new bands.

2) Pick an awesome venue and pick a show. If the venue is a great place to hang out, there's a reason to go. Added bonus that you'll hear a band play and potentially discover the next Red Hot Chili Peppers.

3) Pandora.com. It entertains me all day at work. You pick the artists or songs you like, it plays those artists and songs and introduces you to affinity artists and songs. Not bad for a music genome.

4) Every now and then, click on one of the band MySpace friend requests you get. Hey, you never know.

5) Read Planet Verge. Seriously, these girls know music! If Joelle is into it, it's got to be good.

'nough ego stroking for the night. Go turn on some tunes.


*JR

No comments: