Sohodolls, The Academy Is.., The Matches, Butch Walker and Hanson are ON THE VERGE. Coming in early '09 from Planet Verge & Ambush TV!

Sunday, October 21, 2007

What I learned after seeing Shiny Toy Guns




I've been following Shiny Toy Guns ever since they started buzzing around LA, but I never saw them live until a few weeks ago at Starland Ballroom. Going into it, I knew I was either going to love it or hate it. I despise dancey music and honestly, on the CD, I find Cara Fey's vocals extremely annoying on most songs. But a lot of that I now see is done on purpose in the production of the CD. Her words are much easier to swallow live.


And while Cara may be portrayed in press photos, etc as the sexy leader of the band, it's obvious on stage that co-vocalist, Chad Petree, really has that role. Cara spends a lot of time dancing around, playing keyboards and looking pretty. Maybe the band would be nothing without her, but I don't miss it when her mouth is shut(hey I can still look at her tattoos).


As negative as this review sounds, I really enjoyed the show. Sure, I could've left right afert "Le Disco," which they for some reason played third into the set. But it was deff. worth sticking around 'till the end. They're a great band to watch and I'll deff. catch them again. I'm actually listening to the CD more now than I did before I saw them.






This is prob the second or third time Jen saw them and she loved them as always. Here are our clips from the show. Enjoy!



*Joelle, who suggests you listen to London's Sohodolls- www.myspace.com/sohodollsusa - if you like Shiny Toy Guns.

No comments: